Compile times for gcc with ppl/cloog backened?

I've got a quad core 3.2Ghz FreeBSD-8 system with 8GB of ram. I
compiled and installed Cloog-PPL and PPL, mpfr, gmp, mpc, polylib,
etc. I'm using make -j 4, and my gcc compile has been going for about
24 hours. Is this normal or did something go terribly wrong? It is
still building, but each file uses about 20-30 hours of CPU time to
build (according to top). I think this is the 3rd compile. After the
first, I recompiled all of my tools (binutils, coreutils, etc) with
the new gcc and then started the build over. This last one, I think
stage1 and stage2 went by relatively quick, but the 3rd and final
stage has been taking forever. I wrote a test program and compiled it
with prev-gcc/xgcc with no arguments, and it took about 5 seconds.
Just curious.

Here's my runtime options. Thanks.

./configure --prefix=/usr/gnu \
--disable-werror \
--disable-ppl-version-check \
--disable-cloog-version-check \
--enable-cxx \
--enable-shared \
--enable-static \
--enable-bootstrapp \
--enable-lto \
--enable-objc-gc \
--enable-gold \
--enable-stage1-checking=all \
--enable-64-bit-bfd ?\
--enable-languages=c,c++,lto \
--with-pic \
--with-libiconv=/usr/gnu \
--with-gmp-include=/usr/gnu/include \
--with-gmp-lib=/usr/gnu/lib \
--with-gmp-build=/wl2k/src/gmp/gmp-5.0.1 \
--with-gmp=/usr/gnu \
--with-mpfr-include=/usr/gnu/include \
--with-mpfr-lib=/usr/gnu/lib \
--with-mpfr-build=/wl2k/src/mpfr/mpfr-2.4.2 \
--with-mpfr=/usr/gnu \
--with-cloog=/usr/gnu \
--with-cloog-include=/usr/gnu/include \
--with-cloog-lib=/usr/gnu/lib \