Re: GCC 4.4.4 Released

> On Sun, May 02, 2010 at 01:41:10PM -0400, Dennis Clarke wrote:
>>
>> > The GNU Compiler Collection version 4.4.4 has been released.
>>
>> Please provide MD5/SHA1/SHA256 hash sums for the release files in your
>> release announcement. Those would be the reference standard for people
>> check as opposed to mirror sites which may be all over the world and
>> sysadmins from who knows where.
>>
>> Just a suggestion.
>
> You can download md5.sum files directly from gcc.gnu.org:
> ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/releases/gcc-4.4.4/md5.sum
> ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/releases/gcc-4.4.4/diffs/md5.sum
> or, if you download from ftp.gnu.org or its mirrors, you can check
> the tarballs and diffs using gpg.

Yes, of course. I agree. However, merely a gentle suggestion that those be
in the cleartext of the announcement message as well as perhaps your
message can be GPG signed. This is, afterall, the GNU C compiler which is
the single most important bit of open source in the world in my ( not so
humble ) opinion.  All others ( like entire operating systems ) are built
with it right? If you see my meaning.

--
Dennis Clarke
dclarke@opensolaris.ca  <- Email related to the open source Solaris