Re: [Mpc-discuss] gcc dependency on unsigned mpc releases

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 11:54:45AM -0400, Brian Gough wrote:
> I am just following up on my earlier email to mpc-discuss to check if
> some signatures can be made available for the mpc tarballs.  Currently
> it's not possible to install the latest gcc without the risk of using
> unsigned code.  Thanks.

why not. Is there any gnu policy on how these signatures need to be
created? Can I sign with any gpg key, or does it have to be related
to the domain on which mpc is hosted?

My main practical concern is how to establish a trust path; as long as
there are no signatures on my key, signing hardly increases security
compared to a static hash sum (which I just published on the mpc page).

Andreas