This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC-4.5.0 comparison with previous releases and LLVM-2.7 on SPEC2000 for x86/x86_64
- From: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot med dot uc dot edu>
- To: Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gcc.gcc.gnu.org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 18:34:52 -0400
- Subject: Re: GCC-4.5.0 comparison with previous releases and LLVM-2.7 on SPEC2000 for x86/x86_64
- References: <4BD9B2EB.email@example.com>
On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 12:25:15PM -0400, Vladimir Makarov wrote:
> Currently Graphite gives small improvements on x86 (one exception is
> 2% for peak x86 SPECFP2000) and mostly degradation on x86_64 (with
> maximum one more than 10% for SPECFP2000 because of big degradations
> on mgrid and swim). So further work is needed on the project because
> it seems not mature yet.
Keep in mind that -fgraphite-identity currently still causes
vectorization opportunities to be missed. Once that if fixed
the higher level graphite optimizations may look alot better.