Re: Why not contribute? (to GCC)

On 04/27/2010 03:46 AM, Russ Allbery wrote:
This is all relatively easily handled under the copyright policy on
the academic side of the house for students and faculty.

Unless it's "institutional work"... I was in the same boat during my own Ph.D. studies, cherrypicking what to send for inclusion into FSF GCC and what not.

It just shows that the handling of the disclaimer is not at all
black-and-white and very much left to the whims of the contributor.

BTW, thanks for the detailed answer, I did read it entirely and it was very interesting.

Paolo