Re: Why not contribute? (to GCC)

> I think anybody who truly believes in the *merit* of free software,
> should be approaching companies who do not understand the merit with a
> business plan, not a class action law suit.

Most certainly.  And a number of companies have relicensed their software
under the GPL when presented with a business plan showing why that's a
good thing to do.  But that doesn't mean you give up the right to sue
when somebody infringes a copyright.

It's like international relations.  We all hope that disputes between
nations can be settled using diplomacy, but nobody's willing to give up
their armed forces because of a belief that ALL can be solved that way.