Passing options down to assembler and linker

Dear all,

I've been working on a side port for an architectural variant and
therefore there are a few differences in the assembler and linker to
be handled.

I know we can pass -Wl,option, -Wa,option from gcc down to as and ld
however if I have to write :

gcc -mArch2 -Wl,--arch2 -Wa,--arch2 hello.c

it gets a bit redundant, I must be blind because I can't seem to find
how to do it internally.

Any advice would be much appreciated!
Jc