Re: GCC 4.5.0 Released

On 21 April 2010 18:49, Joe Buck <Joe.Buck@synopsys.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 01:22:32AM -0700, Manuel López-Ibáñez wrote:
>> Is there any one against advertising GCC to the fullest extent? The
>> problem, as always, is who will do this job. But I don't think nobody
>> will be against if you create a GCC blog/tweeter/youtube channel and
>> start writing nice articles for various magazines/journals/newspapers.
>> People may criticize what you say if it is untrue or inaccurate, but
>> per-se more (positive) visibility of GCC is good.
>
> If someone wants to volunteer to write an article about all the delicious
> goodness of 4.5.0, that would be cool, and lwn.net and others would
> be interested in publishing such a thing. ?But the RMs have enough work
> to do as is, so it shouldn't be up to Mark to produce a beautifully
> written "white paper".
>
> As you say, the problem is who will do this job.

Actually, now that you mention it. I already planned to submit an
article about all the goodness of GCC 4.5 to LWN. They seem very
enthusiastic and are waiting for my submission. But work got on the
way and I have barely started. Nonetheless, both Ian and Diego have
agreed to read parts of it and suggested other reviewers for the
topics I plan to cover.

So, unless anyone is against this plan, I will just try to meet the
deadlines, and do the best that I can.

Cheers,

Manuel.