Re: GCC 4.5.0 Released

On 04/19/2010 03:35 PM, Jack Howarth wrote:
    The annoucement should probably note that targets which lack
objdump currently can't build plugins. I've had about as much
luck getting the patch to fix this...

Sorry if I haven't reviewed a patch in 9 days.

The patch is not okay, it is if you use "nm -g" on Darwin only.

...reviewed as you are likely to get this feature announced.
 From the responses in the "dragonegg in FSF gcc?" thread, it
is clear that the plugin feature is viewed more as a necessary
evil than a clear win for FSF gcc in some quarters.

If it brings more trolling, I guess it is an unnecessary evil, even. I was seriously tempted to not review the patch only because of this sentence.

Paolo