Re: GCC 4.5.0 Released

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 09:35:44AM -0400, Jack Howarth wrote:
>    The annoucement should probably note that targets which lack
> objdump currently can't build plugins. I've had about as much
> luck getting the patch to fix this...

> ...reviewed as you are likely to get this feature announced.
> From the responses in the "dragonegg in FSF gcc?" thread, it
> is clear that the plugin feature is viewed more as a necessary
> evil than a clear win for FSF gcc in some quarters.

Perhaps you should ping the original patch, with a CC to the build
maintainers in case they missed the patch, or are/were on vacation, or
whatever.  A simple ping on the original thread would do more good than
sniping in an unrelated thread.

Speaking only for myself, I also think it's unfortunate that the above
impression is the impression that you took away from the "dragonegg in
FSF gcc?" thread; I don't think that's a proper reading of the thread at
all.

-Nathan