svn repository for gcc

Hello There,
I was trying to get the code from svn : svn checkout svn://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/trunk SomeLocalDir

Since *svn* protocol doesn't work for me, I am trying to use 'http' instead..on the gcc web it says:

"""
 if you are behind a firewall that does not allow the svn protocol through, you can replace svn:// with http://. You may also need to modify your subversion servers file (~/.subversion/servers) to set http-proxy-host and http-proxy-port. You should only use the http protocol if the svn protocol does not work; the http protocol has a higher server overhead associated with it and will be slower.
"""

But, I don't have the value for http-proxy-host and http-proxy-port-any clue what this should be?

Thanks much in anticipation,
Neeraj