Re: dragonegg in FSF gcc?

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 15:16, Jack Howarth <howarth@bromo.med.uc.edu> wrote:

> Â It is unclear to me what the original intentions were when the
> plugin infrastructure was created. That is, was it envisioned that
> FSF could accumulate the plugins directly in the source tree to
> ensure they were well maintained across FSF gcc releases?

My idea was (and still is) that we could host a directory of available
plugins, but each plugin would be a separate project with its own
schedules, home pages and source trees.  The directory is hosted at
http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/plugins.  Dragonegg is already there.

The plugin API will likely be very volatile at first, but it may
converge at some point.

Personally, I would love to see DragonEgg used to bridge between gcc
and llvm.  This will bring lots of benefits to both compilers, since
we'll be able to easily compare and take from each other.

Diego.