Re: Idea for Google Summer Code : C Compiler for EFI Byte Code implement in gcc

On Mar 19, 2010, at 5:33 AM, b95705030@ntu.edu.tw wrote:

> Hello Tristan,
>
>> I think the main issue is that EFI C dialect is not ANSI-C compliant: the size of pointer is determined
>> at the run-time and therefore the layout of the structure is not static.  Gcc doesn't support this model.
>
> As I read some related information, LLVM IR doesn't care the size of pointer
> and the front end of LLVM is derived from GCC.I am wondering to know should
> I do some work at this aspect??

FYI, the LLVM Clang front-end provides a C/ObjC and (real soon now) C++ compiler that is GCC-free.  Further questions should definitely go to the llvm or clang lists.  More information is at http://clang.llvm.org/

-Chris