This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 4.5 Status Report (2010-03-15)
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 13:49:10 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: GCC 4.5 Status Report (2010-03-15)
- References: <alpine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 15 Mar 2010, Richard Guenther wrote:
> 42509, arm-gnueabi doesn't bootstrap but is a primary target
The primary target is arm-eabi, which is a bare-metal target; the arm-eabi
and mipsisa64-elf references must be understood as referring to building
and testing a cross compiler from some other primary platform, since you
can't bootstrap on those systems.
Joseph S. Myers