Re: Phil's regression hunter: How does it work?

On Sat, 2010-03-06 at 11:44 +0000, Peter Maier wrote:
> The gcc developers seem to have nice tool referred to as "Phil's regression hunter". Where can I find documentation on it? I'm interested to know how it works and its abilities. Is it maybe even available for download?
>
> - Peter

Long ago Phil kept install trees from daily GCC builds and had tools
to identify on which day a bug was introduced.

I wrote a set of regression hunt tools that, given separate scripts to
check out sources for a particular revision or time, build GCC (or any
other product), and run a test that reports whether it passed, failed,
or something unexpected happened, will report the revision that
introduced the failure.  See contrib/reghunt in the GCC source tree.
I think there's a web page about it but can't find it at the moment.

Janis