Re: Use the wctype builtins functions

On 05/03/2010 02:32, Shujing Zhao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to use the the wctype builtins ISWALPHA and the other ISW*
> functions to handle the wide character string, but I get the following
> error:
>
> /home/gcc/build/gcc/../../trunk/gcc/opts.c:1190: undefined reference to
> `ISWALPHA'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exist status
>
> I have tried to grep some examples that use the ISW* builtins, but
> didn't find any one. Does anyone know how to use them?

  The capitalised versions of the IS* functions are macros from safe-ctype.h,
not builtins, and it hasn't been extended with ISW* versions because it's
based on an array and it would need rather a large array to cope with wchars!

  I think you'll probably have to use plain old iswalpha.  Looking at opts.c,
I'm guessing you're trying to extend the help string format to allow unicode?

    cheers,
      DaveK