Re: a gcc plugin to show cfg graphically when debug gcc

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 8:48 AM, Eric Fisher <joefoxreal@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just wrote a little gcc plugin, which can be used to show GIMPLE cfg
> graphically when debug gcc. Currently, it's still a very initial
> version. It,
> ?* transfers tree dump into vcg file,
> ?* then invokes vcgview (or aisee etc.) to show the graph.
>
> I would like to improve it to support both tree level and rtl level
> vcg visualization later.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> http://code.google.com/p/toolbox-of-eric/

I've been using the attached in debug sessions a lot (and I have
similar patch for the cgraph).  I've been wanting to transform
this into a gdb python script but sofar didn't get along to do it ...

The nice thing with using dot is that it listens to file changes
and so with xlib output you get a nice cfg "movie" when invoking
the generation function when hitting a breakpoint.

Richard.