Problem in printf float values in range (-1 < value < 1)

Hi,

We are porting gcc toolchain for a new target. Most of the functionalities
are working fine as expected. However, there is one issue regarding the
printf function.

Issue
-----
Float variables are prefixed by some garbage value in printf function.
However, the values are generated correctly when seen through GDB.
Ex:- If the expected result is 0.456
RUN OUTPUT - 0.000000456 (INCORRECT)
GDB OUTPUT - 0.456 (CORRECT)

The above issue is observed only with the float variables less than one.
i.e. error result if  (-1 < value < 1)
The values are displayed correctly if the value does not fall in above
range.
Ex:- If the expected result is 1.456
RUN OUTPUT - 1.456 (CORRECT)
GDB OUTPUT - 1.456 (CORRECT)

The above mentioned issue was not observed with gcc-3.4.4. However, on
porting to gcc-4.4.1; we are observing this issue.

Please let me know if there is anything missing in the port that would
possibly result in above incorrect behavior.

Thanks & Regards,
Naveen.H.S
www.kpitgnutools.com