Re: What's the policy for bug priorities, again

Richard Guenther wrote:

> Note that all regressions from 4.4 that are visible with release
> checking and valid input should be considered P1 first

I don't know, what is considered to be a showstopper,
but bad things happen inside 4.5 (x86-32/Cygwin + a
lot of SSE). In the last weekend I was able to:

a) ICE the compiler with a message "SSA validation failed"
or something like that;

b) in 32-bit mode generate an assembler error
~"%bpl is not a recognized register" when writing
to a volatile global variable;

c) to become 99.9% certain that the compiler generates
wrong code in at least one case, i.e.:

for(int i = k; i != 0;) {

  if (fn(params)) {

    continue;
  }

  gn();
}

gn() was not executed despite the fact fn() returned false.

d) 20100208 is not able to compile trunk (from yesterday),
because it gets stuck on, among other things, tree-ssa-structalias.o

I am not going to formally report these issues, as the testcases
are BIG, but IMHO there is no hurry to release 4.5, as it has
great chances to become a disaster, despite the fact of its wonderful
C++0x support.

    Best regards
    Piotr Wyderski