Re: How to get AST for C source in plugin?

Quoting Ilya Caramishev <caramishev@gmail.com>:
I've tried registering my plugin for PLUGIN_FINISH_UNIT event.

That event occurs way too late.

Alternatively I've tried Kenji Koyanagi's patch
(http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2009-03/msg00136.html) and it worked just
fine, but I don't know whether this patch is going to be accepted in
GCC 4.5 codeline, which can be a show-stopper for me, because I want my
plugin to work with standard compiler. Are there plans to add
PLUGIN_C_PRE_GENERICIZE event to GCC plugin infrastructure?

We now have the event PLUGIN_PRE_GENERICIZE both for the C and C++ frontends.