Re: [trans-mem] ipa tm pass and dominator walks

On 01/29/2010 08:56 AM, Aldy Hernandez wrote:
Hey!

With my last patch, we only have 3 instances of dominator tree walks
left in the tree, all in the TM ipa pass.

I believe we can leave those as they are, since the TM ipa pass runs
early enough that nothing has altered control flow such that
code outside of a transaction ends up inside a transaction.

I don't think that's true at all. You showed that the walking was incorrect; I don't see you you can now argue that it is correct, regardless of inlining and jump threading.

All one needs to create the cfg that exhibits the problem is multiple exits from the transaction. It's not terribly hard to create such a cfg directly in the source...

r~