Re: gccgo language contribution accepted

Richard Guenther <richard.guenther@gmail.com> writes:

> What is the status of Go as far as building by default and release criteria
> are concerned (I'm worried that we accept a relatively new non-standardized
> language frontend)?

Go does not and should not build by default.  It builds with
--enable-languages=go.

> Will the frontend inclusion need to be reviewed like new backeds do?
> I hope the frontend plays well with its integration with the middle-end and
> isn't a maintainance burden.

Yes, the frontend should ideally be reviewed.

> (who uses Go anyway?)

It's an experimental language.

I'm not personally proposing Go for 4.5, as it has some middle-end
patches which would add new features (basically, -fsplit-stack) and
would need review.

Ian