Re: How to make make changes in gcc code

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 1:48 PM, sandeep soni <saintiwara@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

> but did not get any reply about it.
>
> I have bootstrapped gcc 4.4.2 on my machine and now i have to make
> changes in gcc code. However, I dont know how to make those changes
> effective.Do I need to change the source files accordingly and
> bootstrap again or is there any other way of making changes in the
> source code and compiling only the affected source files.

Typing make in the build directory will re-make the necessary parts.
Note that because you bootstrapped stage2 and stage3 will be
completely re-built.

For developing configure with --disable-bootstrap and type
make all-gcc to re-build things in gcc/, or in gcc/ for example
use make cc1 to just rebuild cc1.

Richard.