Re: g++ and _DecimalXX types

On Tue, 2010-01-12 at 12:47 +0100, Paolo Carlini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks Janis for your complete summary of the current status.
> > Instead of dec32/64/128 you could use _Decimal32/64/128, but the C++
> > TR requires that float.h define those symbols as typedefs to the
> > classes so you'd run into conflicts later.
> >
> therefore, do I understand correctly that eventually the OP will be able
> to achieve what he wants by including <float.h> first and otherwise
> proceeding exactly like in C99?

I think that's the eventual plan, but until C++0x features are available
(and the TR authors think they shouldn't be used yet), casts from
decimal float types to generic float types must use conversion
functions.  In addition I couldn't get conversions from decimal float to
long long to work without allowing otherwise invalid conversions to
float, so currently those also need function calls.

In addition, support for decimal floating-point constants is optional.

Janis