Re: g++ and _DecimalXX types

>  Some of the support for those
> classes is in current trunk, but a crucial change to the compiler to
> allow binary compatibility between those classes and the C builtin
> types wasn't approved before the 4.5 feature cutoff (see
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2009-11/msg01321.html).

Am a bit alarmed to see this patch dropped on the floor. It seem silly
to me to have C++ DFP support broken like this, when 4.5 is the first
release that claims support for this feature. It seems to me like we
should be trying to generate non-obvious bug reports with this new
feature, instead of the current unsatisfactory situation which prompted
this original message.

From what I can tell, this was patch was posted, approved for 4.5 by
Jason, then delayed while the C++ ABI mailing list reached consensus. I
see that on 2009-11-24 Mark checked in the ABI change to the official
document. But then, the patch wasn't pinged, and was forgotten over the
holidays?

What am I missing?

-benjamin