Re: Debugging lto1, how?

2009/12/29 Steven Bosscher <stevenb.gcc@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to see what is going on in lto1 for PR lto/42534. I can
> reproduce the reported ICE but I can't reproduce it inside gdb to see
> what is happening. Debugging lto1 is not trivial - just getting the
> arguments and input files right is hard.
>
> Apparently this is a known issue
> (http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2009-11/msg00047.html).
>
> Could someone with experience in debugging lto1 perhaps add a HOWTO
> for this on the Wiki?

Have you been able to get the lto1 command line? I don't think I have
seen a case where a direct invocation of lto1 would fail but it would
work in gdb. Sounds like a memory problem, have you tried valgrind?

Getting the command line is annoying. In part because of the many
layers in part because of the use of @files.

gcc -v -save-temps should print you the necessary command line, no?

Are you using gold + plugin or collect2?

> Thanks,
>
> Ciao!
> Steven

Cheers,