Re: target hooks / plugins

Quoting Joern Rennecke <amylaar@spamcop.net>:
Right now, to make a new target hook, you have to add a new field in
target.h, define a new default in target-def.h, place the new macro
in exactly the right position there of the right initializer macro,
describe the new hook in tm.texi, and if you need a new function with
a bunch of parameters returning a constant, you have to add this to
hooks.c .

I would like to be able to do all this by adding a single entry in a
new definition file; and the information should also be usable by
plugin sources so that they can automatically make wrappers for all
function-type hooks.

I've attached what I have so far. There is an issue that the struct gcc_target member names don't always agree with the TARGET_* macro names.

Should I rather change one or the other to make them agree, or add an extra
parameter in the definition file macros to specify these names independently?