Re: [alpha] Request for help wrt gcc bugs 27468, 27469

On 12/02/2009 02:46 PM, Matt Turner wrote:
Hi,
Could someone please take a look at these two bugs?

27468 - sign-extending Alpha instructions not exploited
27469 - zero extension not eliminated [on Alpha]

Andrew Pinski has confirmed both of them three and a half years ago.
My uninformed feeling after seeing bugs 8603 and 42113 fixed is that
both of them are relatively simple.

They aren't.

As originally suggested in the PR, these are thought to be addressed by the "ZEE" pass, which still hasn't been committed to mainline. And definitely won't be for 4.5.

The last iteration of the patch appears to have been

which also did something stupid like move the patch down into the i386 subdirectory. It'll never be applied in that form if I have anything to say on the subject, because obviously this is a generic sort of optimization.

r~