Re: No .got section in ELF

yunfeng zhang <zyf.zeroos@gmail.com> writes:

> Sorry! I've made a mistake! But using LD_PRELOAD to force to reposition a
> variable/function from a module is violating software engineer. And the more
> important is, as the result, all user *all* pay the bill for this even they
> make sure they don't need the feature, such as, glibc itself.

Correct.  That is how ELF is defined and implemented.

If you want to propose a change to the ELF definition, please do that
in the appropriate forum--which is not here.  You will be told that it
has worked that way for some 20 years now, and will not be changed
today.  There are ways to change the default, which people here have
already explained.

Ian