Re: WTF?

From: "Richard Kenner" <kenner@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>

I suspect the web page in question needs to be updated to
more accurately reflect current standard practice. It appears wrong to me
on more counts than just this one (my understanding has always been that no
approval is needed to fix typos, whether in code or comments, but this page
says only the latter).

I agree the wording could be better.

Unlike HJ's patch, many so-called "obvious" checkins actually have code-gen consequences. (Gasp!)
Okay, okay, those tend to be one-liners. ;-)

--Kaveh