This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: git mirror repacked, new branches
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz dot org>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 07:13:44 -0800
- Subject: Re: git mirror repacked, new branches
- References: <1258331577.10424.386.camel@giskard>
On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Bernie Innocenti <email@example.com> wrote:
> I repacked our (un)official git mirror (http://gcc.gnu.org/git) with
> ?git repack -a -d -f --window=100 --depth=100 --window-memory=2g
> The pack is now 600MB, which is a bit scary, but still manageable.
> Mysteriously, cloning this repo yields a smaller pack of just 519MB,
> which still contains all the branches. It was probably caused by entries
> in the reflog, which I have now disabled.
> As an additional bonus, I've added refs for all the current branches tom
> make them visible in gitweb and easier to clone.
Most of vendor branches are wrong. For example, there are many branches
under branches/redhat. But I only see one redhat branch in git.
BTW, I can't pull new changes from the new master into my local git branches
which are based on the old master.