Re: i370 port - constructing compile script

Hello Paul,

* Paul Edwards wrote on Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 03:02:59PM CET:
> Well, I have good news to report.  The restructuring was a success.
>
> That means with those 30-odd changes to the configure scripts, I
> was able to get an auto-host.h built that allowed me to take the
> generated source and compile it with my own scripts as per
> normal.

It would be a good idea if you took the extra mile and reported all
these changes to the bug-autoconf mailing list, so it could be fixed
for good there.

Furthermore, it would be really good if we could get Autoconf to build
and run on your system, so you could run its test suite there.  That
would provide much better coverage of all the issues that would need
fixing, and allow us to fix them once in the macros, instead of having
you do this repeatedly in every configure script.

However, Autoconf requires Perl and GNU M4 (and some shell environment
as well as a make program), so I'm not sure whether it is possible to
get to this point.

Thanks,
Ralf