This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gccgo: A gcc frontend for Go, a new programming language
- From: fche at redhat dot com (Frank Ch. Eigler)
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 13:13:57 -0500
- Subject: Re: gccgo: A gcc frontend for Go, a new programming language
- References: <email@example.com>
Ian Lance Taylor <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> [...] Go, a new experimental systems programming language designed
> by a small group at Google. [...] The frontend is written in, yes,
> C++. [...]
Neat. Are there any plans to have a front-end written in its own
language (and use the current C++ one only for bootstrapping)?