Re: MPC 0.8 prerelease tarball (last release before MPC is mandatory!)

On 11/09/2009 06:33 AM, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
From: "David Edelsohn" <dje.gcc@gmail.com>

AIX Shell is KSH.

The problem is shell append += and libtool not running with the same
shell used by configure.

Hm, the mpc configure script actually has a check for shell +=, and on my solaris box it correctly detects that it doesn't work.

checking whether the shell understands "+="... no

Presumably on solaris then += isn't used. I wonder what does configure
say here for AIX and why does it attempt to use it?

As David said, the problem is using the same shell in configure and libtool. I think I fixed this upstream (just as a consequence of cleanups).

Paolo