This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: MPC 0.8 prerelease tarball (last release before MPC is mandatory!)
- From: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: "Kaveh R. GHAZI" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 21:00:58 -0500
- Subject: Re: MPC 0.8 prerelease tarball (last release before MPC is mandatory!)
- References: <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 12:18 PM, Kaveh R. GHAZI <email@example.com> wrote:
> A prerelease tarball of the upcoming mpc-0.8 is available here:
> This release is feature complete with respect to C99 and GCC's needs.
> So I expect to make this version be the one made mandatory for the
> gcc-4.5 release. ?If there are any remaining bugs especially
> portability problems to GCC's primary or secondary platforms, I'd like
> to get those reported and fixed before this release is final.
> Please test this MPC package and report back the results of running
> "make check" along with your target triplet, the compiler version you
> used, and the versions of gmp/mpfr used to compile it. ?You do not
> necessarily need to bootstrap mainline GCC with this MPC, but if you
> have the spare time and cycles it would be nice too.
MPC-0.8 build fails on AIX due to libtool. The changes to libtool
between MPC-0.7 and MPC-0.8 rely on Bash-specific features. Manually
editing libtool to use Bash allowed the build to succeed.