This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Updating Primary and Secondary platform list for gcc-4.5 ???
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- To: "Kaveh R. GHAZI" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 21:02:40 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: Updating Primary and Secondary platform list for gcc-4.5 ???
- References: <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, 7 Nov 2009, Kaveh R. GHAZI wrote:
> 2. i386-unknown-freebsd and i686-apple-darwin are generic, but
> config.guess will supply specific version numbers. What version
> should MPC be shown to work on? Any one of them would do?
For FreeBSD, I'd specify versions 6.x and above. Older versions should
work down to 3.x or 4.x, but it is not worth bothering unless someone is
into retro computing. On the contrary, FreeBSD 6.x to some extent, and
now 7.x primarily and now also 8.x are tested and used regularily.
> 3. For freebsd and darwin, do we want to include specific version
> numbers for our platform list, or leave them generic?
I think it's fine keeping things as are. If you prefer, we can also
make it "whatever Gerald or Loren are currently testing" for FreeBSD,
of course. ;-)