This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: [plugins-ici-cloning-instrumentation] new GCC plugin developements
- From: "Grigori Fursin" <grigori dot fursin at inria dot fr>
- To: "'Yuanjie Huang'" <huangyuanjie at ict dot ac dot cn>
- Cc: "'Joern Rennecke'" <amylaar at spamcop dot net>, "'Liang Peng'" <pengliang at ict dot ac dot cn>, "'Zbigniew Chamski'" <zbigniew dot chamski at gmail dot com>, "'GCC Mailing List'" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <ctuning-discussions at googlegroups dot com>, "'Yuri Kashnikoff'" <yuri dot kashnikoff at gmail dot com>, "'Diego Novillo'" <dnovillo at google dot com>
- Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 17:27:40 +0100
- Subject: RE: [plugins-ici-cloning-instrumentation] new GCC plugin developements
- References: <4AE6E471.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <4AE70C5E.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <4AE7164D.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <-2186575642631489790@unknownmsgid> <email@example.com>
By the way, I think you still didn't reply which fine-grain
optimizations did you manage to add, i.e. you could see
that they properly transform the code ...
> -----Original Message-----
> From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of Yuanjie Huang
> Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2009 3:34 PM
> To: Grigori Fursin
> Cc: Joern Rennecke; Liang Peng; Zbigniew Chamski; GCC Mailing List; ctuning-
> firstname.lastname@example.org; Yuri Kashnikoff; Diego Novillo
> Subject: Re: [plugins-ici-cloning-instrumentation] new GCC plugin developements
> Hi all,
> There is a change in the parameter API, which is used to add a type
> information to the parameters.
> I've document the changes here:
> On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 9:54 PM, Grigori Fursin <email@example.com> wrote:
> > Hi Joern,
> > Normally, there should be no new changes in the ICI2.0 API during GSOC'09 developments
> > (i.e. in adapt branch), just new hooks.
> > Yuanjie and Liang, can you please confirm that ASAP?..
> > Also, I am trying to figure out if GCC 4.5 branch is still open or not?..
> > The thing is that I think Zbigniew sent a first patch of the ICI2.0 for GCC 4.5
> > but I don't remember now what happened with that since I was not available for a few months
> > Since the changes are really minimal on top of plugin branch on GCC 4.5 and we had been
> > that with Diego for a while (in CC), maybe we can still resubmit the ICI2.0 to the GCC 4.5
> or check
> > what was the status of the previous patch and do all the rest (function cloning/program
> > for GCC 4.6?..
> > If the GCC 4.5 is officially closed, we can start working on the next version
> > and as soon as Yuanjie and Liang reply we take either gcc-4.4.0-ici-2.0 or gcc-4.4.0-ici-
> 2.0-adapt ...
> > Cheers,
> > Grigori
> >> -----Original Message-----
> >> From: Joern Rennecke [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
> >> Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2009 2:26 PM
> >> To: Grigori Fursin
> >> Cc: 'Zbigniew Chamski'; 'Richard Guenther'; 'Basile STARYNKEVITCH'; 'Ian Lance Taylor';
> >> Mailing List'; 'Albert Cohen'; email@example.com; 'Yuri Kashnikoff';
> >> Yuanjie Huang; Liang Peng; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com;
> >> firstname.lastname@example.org; Mircea Namolaru; 'Diego Novillo'
> >> Subject: Re: [plugins-ici-cloning-instrumentation] new GCC plugin developements
> >> Quoting Grigori Fursin <email@example.com>:
> >> > The latest version of ICI and GSOC developments for GCC 4.4.0 is
> >> > available at SVN:
> >> > http://gcc-ici.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gcc-ici/branches/
> >> > (gcc-4.4.0-ici-2.0-adapt)
> >> Can I start with gcc-4.4.0-ici-2.0 or is this now outdated relative
> >> to gcc-4.4.0-ici-2.0-adapt ?
> Yuanjie HUANG