Re: Library ABI seriously broken!!

On 10/30/2009 09:20 AM, Richard Guenther wrote:
On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 2:15 PM, Paolo Carlini<paolo.carlini@oracle.com> wrote:
Richard Guenther wrote:
where you replaced build_string (strlen (name) + 1, name) with
build_string (strlen (name), name).  I don't know if this renders the
ABIs incompatible, but I doubt it - it would be nice to verify that indeed
just extra '\0's are now missing at the end.

To be clear: if knowledgeable people can confirm this kind of reasoning,
of course I have no objections, but then abi_check must be also fixed at
the same time, nothing should committed leading to regressions, either
substantive or only apparent.

I fully agree with you here. A simple solution is to re-instantiate the +1 (with a comment before it).

Yes, the +1 does seem to be needed, my mistake.

Jason