Re: --enable-plugin option overloaded

On 19.10.2009 19:42, Andrew Haley wrote:
Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
Andrew Haley<aph@redhat.com> writes:

Matthias Klose wrote:
--enable-plugin is used by classpath (part of libjava) and now by GCC
itself. disabling the build of the gcjwebplugin now disables plugin
support in GCC as well. Please could the option for enabling GCC plugin
support be renamed to something like --enable-plugins,
--enable-gcc-plugin, --enable-gcc-plugins ? The only reason for not
renaming the existing libjava option is that it was there first, and
that it is part of an imported tree.
That doesn't seem like a good enough reason to me.  We should rename
the libjava option --enable-web-plugin or --enable-browser-plugin .

We could rename in the top leve configure/Makefile if we don't want to touch the classpath sources.

That sounds like a nice solution.

it's not necessary to do this at toplevel, changing libjava is ok. tested with --enable-plugin --disable-browser-plugin, and --disable-plugin and --enable-browser-plugin.

Ok for the trunk?

Matthias