Re: delete dead feature branches?

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009, Richard Guenther wrote:

> >> My inclination would be to delete branches like that as well.
> >
> > that sounds a sensible thing to do.
>
> Can you still see deleted branches when you list svn/gcc/branches?  If not
> we should somewhere note down the last undeleted revision of a branch,
> otherwise you'd have to random guess revisions for checking them out, no?

Viewing deleted files and their history (and for SVN deleted branches are
just a special case of deleted files) is something SVN is bad at since you
do need to work out the last revision the file was present first.  I hope
that any version control system we change to will make it easy again to
see the history of a deleted file (including one in a deleted directory,
or on a deleted branch) if you know its name but not exactly when it was
deleted.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com