Re: IRA undoing scheduling decisions

---- Adam Nemet <anemet@caviumnetworks.com> wrote:
> "Charles J. Tabony" <tabonyee@austin.rr.com> writes:
> > I see the same difference between GCC 4.3.2 and 4.4.0 when compiling
> > for PowerPC, MIPS, ARM, and FR-V.
>
> I can confirm this with mainline on MIPS/Octeon.  Can you please file a
> bug.

Filed as PR 41171.

Is this actually a performance regression on MIPS?  I suspect either
sequence would be the same performance on most machines.  One machine
where performance appears to suffer is Itanium, since it has EPIC and
two store ports.  What's odd is that for Itanium, I get sequence B
out of both GCC 4.4.0 and 4.3.2.

Thanks,
Charles J. Tabony

P.S.  Sorry about the long lines in my initial email.  I wasn't sure
how my webmail would format long lines.