ixp425 configuration

Is it possible to configure a working gcc cross compiler from the Intel ixp425 processor
(linux system OS build, trying to update to use eabi)? This is an arm xscale processor
without floating point. Every --target I've tried fails compiling with build errors, including
missing header files, configuration not supported, and assorted configuration errors. I
believe that the target should be 'armv4t-linux-eabi', or something close, but I cannot get
past the build errors on the various versions of gcc I've tried. I am doing the build as
properly as I understand it: separate directory, ../gcc-4.4.1/configure..., make.

I have also tried 'xscale-elf' on 4.4.1, but that configuration is not accepted, although it is
on 4.2.3.

I also limit the build to '--language=c' to simplify the build. Am I configuring it wrong, or
does gcc not support the arm xscale chips any more?