Re: Need some Unix and /bin/sh expertise for GCC testsuite

Hello,

* Laurent GUERBY wrote on Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 10:52:35PM CEST:
> => gcc/testsuite/ada/acats/run_all.sh

> 3/ Here is the point I find surprising: the "ps fauxww" run in the
> second "if" show that even if the script is fully sequential
> at least one gnatmake subprocess (collect-ld) is still marked as running
> *in parallel* with the ps command in the subsequent "if" of the script!

One thing I see in that script is there is a line
  rm -rf $dir/tests.$$ &

that will be run "in parallel" due to the stray "&".  However, I also
don't see at least parts of the rest of the script that you quote, so
maybe I'm looking at the wrong version (looking at trunk) or you have
added debug statements, so maybe yours has more such stray asynchronous
lists.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Ralf