Re: Compiler for gcc

Hi Harshal.  I'm no expert, but GCC can be built by another C
compiler.  If you have a look at how GCC builds you'll see that it
goes through a few stages - the first is where the local C compiler
builds a first version of GCC, and then this new version of GCC is
used to build itself.  The same technique is used to build newer
versions of GCC. If your machine currently has GCC version 3 and you
want to build version 4 then the first step uses GCC 3 to build a
temporary version of GCC 4, and then this temporary version is used to
build the final version.

-- Michael