Re: The future of concepts

On 07/28/2009 10:47 AM, Ed Smith-Rowland wrote:
We need a gcc branch for concepts.

Probably, if someone is working on them, just as for any ongoing project.

That leaves open the question of whether the ConceptGCC branch is the
one.

No. Doug felt that much of ConceptGCC needed to be rewritten; the ConceptGCC branch is just a place to store the existing work for later reference.

There is a cxx0x-concepts-branch, but no work has been done on it. Probably when someone starts serious work on reimplementing concepts we'll create a new branch. I don't currently have any plans to work on concepts, as there are plenty of other things to work on that will be in C++0x.

Jason