Re: gcc 4.4.0 on ARM/WinCE float problem

Danny Backx wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-07-23 at 10:07 +0100, Dave Korn wrote:

> Kai Ruottu wrote :
>> Comparing the output from some earlier working GCC with the gcc-4.4.0
>> output would reveal if something was wrong in preparing inputs for
>> the soft-float routines... Or maybe something was changed in the
>> soft-float routines... What if you try a 'libgcc.a' taken from some
>> earlier working GCC ?
>
> Did that, see below. I think this means that the stuff in libgcc.a cause
> the issue.

  Could this be related to old-vs-new EABI?  Is the stack aligned to the same
multiple on entry to main in both old and new executables?  The assembler code
looked basically the same, except the stack frame size has changed and a lot
of things that were aligned to an (odd/even) multiple of 8 may now be aligned
to an (even/odd) multiple instead.

    cheers,
      DaveK