This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [plugin] Directory for plugins distributed with gcc
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>
- To: Olatunji Ruwase <tjruwase at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 14:43:26 -0400
- Subject: Re: [plugin] Directory for plugins distributed with gcc
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
[ Moved to gcc@ ]
On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 14:30, Olatunji Ruwase<email@example.com> wrote:
> ÂHas any decision being made on how plugins will be distributed with
> future releases. Is there going to be a plugins directory ?.
We may want to produce some plugins that are useful for GCC
development and distribute them with the compiler, but in general I
don't think we should get in the habit of incorporating 3rd party
plugins in GCC. This would be detrimental to one of the useful
properties of plugins (i.e., less code we need to maintain).
I set up a landing page where projects can register their plugins
(http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/plugins). My suggestion is to use that page
as the central plugins directory, with the assumption that we (GCC)
are not the maintainers of those packages. We simply provide a link