Re: libiberty should be a shared library when cc1 has plugin enabled.

* Daniel Jacobowitz wrote on Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 02:50:04PM CEST:
> On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 10:49:49AM +0200, Basile Starynkevitch wrote:
> > But it seems to me that a plugin can call a libliberty function only if that
> > function is already referenced (e.g. called) from cc1. This is not the case
> > of all libiberty functions.
>
> So... link libiberty into your plugin and get make_temp_file that way.

Ahh, another opportunity for subtle bugs stemming from multiple entities
of static data, such as random numbers used in a plugin being
suspiciously correlated to random numbers used in cc1 proper,
setenv in cc1 segfaulting because a plugin used it too, invalidating
cc1's copy of the last_environ pointer ...

Cheers,
Ralf