Re: AVR C++ - how to move vtables into FLASH memory

Tomasz Francuz <tfrancuz@mp.pl> writes:

> I would like to change gcc so AVR C++ port will use FLASH memory
> instead of SRAM to store virtual function pointers. Does anyone try to
> do it? I have no experience as gcc developer, so can you head me to
> appropriate files/literature about this particular problem?

This question would be more appropriate for the mailing list
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org than for gcc@gcc.gnu.org.  Please take any
followups to gcc-help.  Thanks.

Virtual tables will normally be placed in the .rodata section which
holds read-only data.  All you should need to do it arrange for the
.rodata section to be placed in FLASH rather than SRAM.  This would
normally be done in your linker script.

Ian