Re: increasing the number of GCC reviewers

Basile STARYNKEVITCH wrote:

> I am unfortunately not attending the GCC summit which happens right now
> in Montreal.
>
> But apparently, there seems to be a lack of code reviewers for GCC. The
> few people who do review code seems to have a lot of review in their
> batch queue.
>
> Perhaps could be discussed at the summit some way to increase the set of
> reviewers, i.e. the set of people able to say Ok to a patch submitted on
> gcc-patches@

As I understand it, the set of reviewers allowed to say OK to a patch is
limited to the set of people capable of reviewing these patches.  That is,
there is a limited set of people with enough real knowledge of gcc to
approve a patch.  Adding people who do not really understand gcc will
not help.

Andrew.